This recipe here is a meatless appetizer and can also be a delicious viand. It only has mushrooms instead of meat or seafoods. It is called breaded fried mushrooms which is cooked like a pork tonkatsu. You will be amazed how delicious it is when cooked specially if you will pair it with your favorite dipping sauce. You can use sweet chili sauce, mayonnaise or tempura sauce. If you want to eat meatless for a while, then I think this is the right recipe for you! Try it you will love it!
Breaded Fried Oyster Mushrooms
- 250 grams fresh oyster mushrooms
- 5 pcs eggs beaten
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp. fine salt
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 to 2 cups Japanese breadcrumbs
- 1 liter cooking oil for deep frying
How to Cook Breaded Oyster Mushrooms:
- Wash and drain mushroom in a colander and let it stand to dry for 30 minutes. Cut off the hard parts of the stem.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare bowls or any container for cornstarch and Japanese breadcrumbs.
- Coat the mushroom first with cornstarch, then dip in beaten eggs and dredge in Japanese breadcrumbs pressing gently on all sides until the mushrooms are coated.
- Heat a liter of cooking oil in a non-stick sauce pan for deep frying. Then fry the mushrooms until golden brown.
- When cooked, remove from oil and drain in colander or plate lined with paper towels.
- Serve with sweet chili sauce or mayonnaise. Enjoy!