Delicious Buttered Fried Pork Belly: A Simple and Flavorful Dish
Are you craving a mouthwatering dish that is quick and easy to make? Look no further than buttered fried pork belly! This delectable recipe combines the rich flavors of butter, sweet chili sauce, and tender fried pork belly to create a dish that will leave you wanting more. In this blog post, we will guide you through the process of preparing and cooking this delightful recipe. So, let’s get started!
Choosing the Perfect Cut of Pork Belly
The first step in creating a delicious buttered fried pork belly is selecting a good cut of pork belly. To ensure the perfect balance of meat and fat, look for a cut with approximately 20 percent fat. Visually, you can gauge this by examining the meat. Once you have chosen the right cut, proceed to the next step.
Marinating the Pork Belly
To infuse the pork belly with flavor, we need to prepare a marinade. In a bowl, combine patis (fish sauce), calamansi juice, black pepper powder, garlic powder, and salt. Mix these ingredients well, and then add the sliced pork belly strips, ensuring each piece is coated evenly. Allow the pork belly to marinate for 30 minutes, allowing it to absorb the flavors of the marinade.
Coating and Frying the Pork Belly
After marinating, it’s time to coat the pork belly in flour and fry it to perfection. Take each slice of pork belly and coat it generously with flour, making sure to cover all sides. Heat cooking oil in a frying pan, approximately 1 cup, and carefully add the coated pork belly slices. Fry them until they turn a beautiful golden brown color, ensuring they are cooked through. Once cooked, remove the pork belly from the pan and transfer them to a bowl or plate lined with paper towels. This will help absorb any excess oil.
Creating the Sauce
Now comes the exciting part—the sauce! In an empty pan, heat one tablespoon of oil and add butter. Stir until the butter has melted and is combined with the oil. Next, add the sweet chili sauce and bell peppers to the pan. Continuously stir until the sweet chili sauce is well mixed with the butter and the bell peppers are tender. This creates a delightful sauce that perfectly complements the fried pork belly.
Coating the Pork Belly with the Sauce
Finally, it’s time to bring it all together. Add the fried pork belly to the pan with the sauce. Toss the pork belly in the sauce until each piece is coated thoroughly. This step ensures that every bite is bursting with flavor. For an extra touch of freshness, sprinkle some spring onions as garnishing.
Serve and Enjoy!
Your buttered fried pork belly is now ready to be served! Plate it up and serve it hot to fully savor its deliciousness. The combination of the buttery sauce, the sweet and spicy flavors, and the tender, juicy pork belly is simply irresistible. This dish pairs well with steamed rice or can be enjoyed on its own.
In just a few easy steps, you can create a delightful dish that will impress your family and friends—buttered fried pork belly. With its simple ingredients and quick cooking time, it’s the perfect recipe for those busy weeknights or when you’re in the mood for something deliciously satisfying. The buttery flavor, along with the sweet and spicy sauce, makes this dish an absolute winner. So, why not give it a try and experience the joy of indulging in this flavorful delight? Your taste buds will thank you!
Notes About The Ingredients:
Is a rich, fatty cut of meat from the belly of a pig. It is regularly used in dishes like bacon, braised dishes, and grilled or roasted recipes. Look for meat with a good layer of fats for added flavor. It is important to properly cook pork belly to ensure it is safe to consume and absolutely flavorful. Try to find high-quality, domestically sourced pork belly for the pleasant taste and texture.
Is a dairy product made from churning cream. It is extensively used in cooking and baking for its rich flavor and texture. Unsalted butter is favored for baking, as it permits better management over the salt content material of the dish. When cooking with butter, it is vital to use it at the right temperature to forestall burning. Choose high-quality, unsalted butter for the fine style and texture. Look for brands made with pure cream and no added substances for the purest flavor.
Is a versatile condiment made from chili peppers, sugar, vinegar, and spices. It is often used as a dipping sauce or marinade for meats, but can also be used in cooking and baking for added flavor. Choose a high-quality, preservative-free sauce for the first-rate taste. Store in the refrigerator after opening and use within 6 months for satisfactory results. Experiment with specific makers and heat levels to find your favored sweet chili sauce. A balanced combination of sweetness and hotness makes this sauce a staple in many kitchens.
How to Cook Buttered Fried Pork Belly
- 1/2 kilo pork belly sliced
- 1/2 Tbsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. patis or fish sauce
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- 5 Tbsp. sweet chili sauce
- 1 pc small bell pepper minced
- 1 Tbsp. spring onion chopped
- 6 pcs calamansi extract the juice
- cooking oil for frying
- 1 cup flour
How to Cook Buttered Fried Pork Belly
- If the pork belly you bought is half an inch thick and sliced into strips, slice the pork belly strips into 2 inch wide.
- Put in a bowl and add patis, calamansi juice, black pepper powder, garlic powder and salt.
- Mix all the ingredients and massage the pork belly to coat it with the ingredients. Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Before frying, add flour and mix to coat each of the pork belly slices.
- Heat cooking oil in a frying pan about 1 cup then fry the pork belly until golden brown.
- When cooked, remove from pan and transfer to a bowl or plate lined with paper towels.
- In an empty pan, heat 1 tablespoon of oil and add butter. Stir until the butter is melted.
- Add sweet chili sauce and bell pepper. Stir again until sweet chili sauce is well mixed with the butter.
- Add the fried pork belly and toss until coated with the sauce. Sprinkle with spring onion as garnishing then serve hot.
Cooking Tips for Butered Fried Pork Belly:
- Choose the right cut of pork belly: When selecting pork belly for buttered fried pork belly, aim for a cut with a good balance of meat and fat, around 20 percent fat, to ensure a juicy and flavorful result.
- Properly marinate the pork belly: Take the time to marinate the pork belly in a mixture of patis, calamansi juice, black pepper powder, garlic powder, and salt for at least 30 minutes. This allows the meat to absorb the flavors and enhances its taste.
- Coat the pork belly evenly with flour: Before frying the pork belly, ensure each slice is coated evenly with flour. This helps to create a crispy and golden brown exterior, adding texture to the dish.