Garlic buttered crabs is a seafood dish that you can enjoy with lots of rice! Since the sauce is so flavorful you can consume a lot of rice with this dish. This is not a dish for those who are in a diet because rice has a lot of carbs that most people in diet usually avoid. This dish is composed of blue crabs ( you can also use mud crabs or other crustaceans) with a butter sauce.
The sauce is slightly sweet and added with herbs and spices such as garlic and onion leeks. This dish will truly make you mouth water and crave for more if you ever try to cook and taste this recipe! Try it I’m sure you are going to love it! Please watch also my Youtube video below.
How to Cook Garlic Buttered Crabs
- 1 kilo blue crabs or alimasag
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- 1/4 cup onion leeks chopped
- 1/2 cup minced garlic
- 1/4 cup grated ginger
- 100 grams butter or margarine
- 1/2 tsp. salt and pepper to taste
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cooking oil
How to Cook Creamy Garlic Buttered Crabs
- Wash, clean and drain the crabs. Then cut the crabs into halves. Set aside.
- In an empty pan or wok, heat cooking oil and add minced garlic. Saute garlic until fragrant.
- Add butter and stir until it is melted. Add ginger and leeks and stir. Add mayonnaise and grated cheese and stir until well combined.
- Add the crabs and stir until the color turns into red orange. Add sugar, salt and pepper then stir.
- Cover and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes or until the crabs are cooked. You can add chili powder or chili flakes to make it more appetizing.
- When cooked, turn off heat and serve.