Seafood pinakbet is a meatless pinakbet dish made from veggies composed of squash, okra, string beans and eggplant. Instead of using meat, it was substituted with shrimps and squid that is why it is called seafood pinakbet. You can also use other kinds of seafoods if you want to be creative.
Dive into Delight: Crafting the Perfect Seafood Pinakbet
Discover the savory world of seafood pinakbet, a delightful twist on the traditional Filipino dish. This mouthwatering concoction replaces the usual meat with succulent shrimp and tender squid, elevating the flavors to new heights. Dive into the details of preparing this exquisite seafood pinakbet, a perfect blend of vibrant vegetables and oceanic delights that will surely tantalize your taste buds.
Preparation: Unveiling the Seafood Magic
Start by peeling and removing the heads of the fresh shrimps, ensuring to leave the tails intact. Reserve the peeled shrimps in a bowl, setting the stage for the star ingredients of your seafood pinakbet. The shrimp heads and shells take center stage next, as they are boiled in a cup of water for two minutes. Extract the rich broth by straining and squeezing the mixture, collecting the essence of the shrimp in a separate bowl.
Sautéing Symphony: Infusing Aromatics
In a heated pan, embark on a flavorful journey by sautéing half of the garlic and onions until their aromatic dance fills the air. Enter the shrimps and squid, stir-frying for two minutes until they boast a tantalizing fragrance. Once done, gracefully remove these seafood gems from the pan, allowing them to bask in their flavors.
Now, with the same pan, orchestrate another aromatic masterpiece by introducing the remaining garlic and onions. As they sizzle, add the tomatoes and stir until they achieve a delightful softness. Elevate the dish’s complexity by incorporating shrimp paste, infusing a burst of umami that will undoubtedly leave a lasting impression.
Vegetable Medley: A Symphony of Colors and Textures
The heart of seafood pinakbet lies in its vibrant array of vegetables. With the pan still hot and brimming with flavors, introduce the okra, squash, string beans, and eggplant. Let them mingle and dance, absorbing the rich essence of the dish. Stir the concoction with culinary finesse, ensuring every vegetable is coated in the symphony of flavors.
Simmering Symphony: Unveiling the Essence
Pour in the shrimp broth, letting it gently simmer over medium heat. Cover the pan and let the vegetable medley tenderize, achieving the perfect balance of tenderness without sacrificing their inherent crunch. This slow-cooked masterpiece ensures that each bite is a harmonious blend of flavors, capturing the essence of Filipino cuisine.
Culmination: Bringing it All Together
As the final crescendo approaches, add long green chilies, the sautéed shrimps, and squid back into the pan. Season the dish with a pinch of salt and pepper, adjusting to your taste preferences. Stir this symphony for a final minute, allowing the ingredients to meld into a culinary masterpiece. With a dramatic turn of the heat, bring this seafood pinakbet symphony to its conclusion.
Serving Suggestions: A Feast for the Senses
Lay the table with freshly cooked rice, ready to absorb the luscious flavors of the seafood pinakbet. Spoon the medley onto plates, ensuring each serving is a visual and gastronomic feast. Allow the aroma to envelop your senses as you embark on a journey through the rich tapestry of flavors.
Seafood Pinakbet – A Culinary Triumph
Seafood pinakbet is not merely a dish; it is a culinary triumph that showcases the brilliance of Filipino cuisine. Elevate your dining experience with this seafood-infused delight, where every ingredient plays a crucial role in crafting a symphony of flavors. Explore the depths of this culinary masterpiece and let the seafood pinakbet become a staple in your repertoire of exquisite dishes.
- 250 grams shrimps peeled and deveined
- 200 grams squid cleaned and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 200 grams squash peeled and sliced
- 200 grams okra sliced
- 200 grams string beans sliced 2 inch length
- 150 grams eggplant slice diagonally
- 2 Tbsp. shrimp paste
- 1 pc red onion chopped
- 2 pcs tomato chopped
- 3/4 cup shrimp broth from boiled shrimp head and shells
- 3 pcs long green chili
- salt and pepper to taste
- cooking oil
How to Cook Seafood Pinakbet
- Remove the head and peel the shrimps. Do not remove the tail. Put the peeled shrimp in a bowl and set aside.
- Boil the head and shell of the shrimps in 1 cup water for 2 minutes. Strain it using a strainer while squeezing and transfer the broth in a bowl.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan and sauté half of garlic and onions until fragrant. Add the shrimps and squid and stir fry for 2 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat cooking oil and add the other half of garlic and onions until fragrant. Add the tomatoes also and stir until slightly soft.
- Add the shrimp paste and stir for a second. Then add the veggies: okra, squash, string beans and eggplant and stir.
- Add the shrimp broth and let it simmer in medium heat. Cover and cook until the veggies are tender but not overcooked.
- Add the, long green chilies, shrimp and squid. Season with salt and pepper. Stir and let it simmer for another minute then turn off heat.
- Serve with cooked rice and enjoy!
Cooking Tips of Seafood Pinakbet:
- Fresh Seafood Matters: When preparing seafood pinakbet, prioritize fresh shrimp and squid for optimal flavor. The quality of seafood greatly influences the dish, so choose plump, firm shrimp and tender squid to elevate the taste and texture of your pinakbet.
- Mindful Veggie Cooking: To maintain the vibrant colors and crisp textures of the vegetables in seafood pinakbet, be attentive to their cooking time. Add vegetables like okra, squash, string beans, and eggplant gradually, allowing each to reach the desired tenderness without overcooking.
- Layered Flavor Development: Build layers of flavor by sautéing garlic, onions, and tomatoes separately before combining them in seafood pinakbet. This technique enhances the complexity of the dish, ensuring that each component contributes its unique taste to the overall flavor profile.
Nutrition Notes:Calorie and other nutrition information is derived from HappyFolks.Com recipe nutrition calculator. The percent daily value (%DV) is based on a daily 2,000 calorie diet.
Nutrition Facts:Amount per Serving:283g, Calories:175kcal, From fat:54, Total fat:6.2g, Saturated Fat:4.2g, Trans Fat:0g, Cholesterol:149mg, Sodium: 213 Total Carbohydrate: 15g, Dietary Fiber: 4g, Sugars: 5g, Protein: 17g, Vitamin A: 23%, Vitamin C: 129%, Calcium: 10%, Iron: 9%