1 and 1/3 cups cooked and flaked bangus (Milk Fish)
1/2 cup green onions, chopped
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 and 1/2 cups sotanghon noodles, cut up and softened in water
How to make lumpiang bangus:
- In a saucepan, put bangus and enough water to cover. Simmer till fish is cooked.
- Remove from pan and cool. Flake fish and pick out bones.
- In another pan, heat 2 tablespoons cooking oil. Saute garlic onions and tomatoes.
- When vegetables are soft, add bangus. Season with patis and pepper.
- Drain sotanghon and add to bangus. Cook till noodles are transparent. Add green onions.
- Cool the filling and wrap in lumpia wrappers. Fry in hot oil till golden brown.
For the sauce:
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 – 2 pieces siling Labuyo, chopped
1/4 cup grated carrots
How to make the lumpia sauce:
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water. Cook over medium heat until syrupy.
- Remove from heat and add the remaining ingredients. Makes 8 portions.