A tasty springroll recipe made from bangus or milkfish flakes. A superb addition to your menus for any occasion! This recipe is really great because you can save left over milkfish dishes whether it is grilled or fried bangus. Just be careful to debone the bangus flakes and no spiny bones left.
1 and 1/3 cups cooked and flaked bangus (Milk Fish)
1/2 cup green onions, chopped
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 and 1/2 cups sotanghon noodles, cut up and softened in water
How to make lumpiang bangus:
- In a saucepan, put bangus and enough water to cover. Simmer till fish is cooked.
- Remove from pan and cool. Flake fish and pick out bones.
- In another pan, heat 2 tablespoons cooking oil. Saute garlic onions and tomatoes.
- When vegetables are soft, add bangus. Season with patis and pepper.
- Drain sotanghon and add to bangus. Cook till noodles are transparent. Add green onions.
- Cool the filling and wrap in lumpia wrappers. Fry in hot oil till golden brown.
For the sauce:
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 – 2 pieces siling Labuyo, chopped
1/4 cup grated carrots
How to make the lumpia sauce:
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water. Cook over medium heat until syrupy.
- Remove from heat and add the remaining ingredients. Makes 8 portions.