This recipe is an improved version of the simple tuna carbonara recipe. Three additional ingredients I think is what makes this recipe stands from the rest. The butter for sauteing, cheese and parsley. Don’t forget those three ingredients as much as possible and if parsley is not available, you can omit it but it taste really good with parsley.
1 kilo Spaghetti or Fettuccine pasta (you can use any pasta)
2 cans tuna solid in oil (184 grams per can)
1 medium size can Nestle cream
1 tsp. magic sarap
1/2 cup grated cheese
50 grams butter
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 medium size onion, chopped
1 liter water for cooking the pasta
1 small can button mushroom, sliced
1 bunch of parsley, chopped finely
1 (370ml) can evaporated milk
3/4 cup water
salt and pepper
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. cooking oil
How to cook Creamy Tuna Carbonara Supreme:
- In a deep pot put the 1 liter of water and bring to a boil.
- Then add salt and cooking oil to prevent the pasta from sticking together.
- Put the Spaghetti or Fettuccine and cook according to the instruction on the package.
- Stir the pasta from time to time to avoid the pasta sticking on the bottom of the pot.
- Check if the pasta is already cooked and tender, firm but not hard (al dente).
- Then drain the water from the paste and fill the pot with tap water to prevent the pasta from overcooking.
- Drain the water again and pour the pasta in a colander or strainer to remove the excess water.
- Let it drain for a few minutes then transfer to a Tupperware or any container that can hold the pasta. Set aside.
- In a medium size saucepan, in a medium fire, melt the butter and saute onion and garlic until tender then add the sliced mushrooms.
- Stir fry the mushrooms until the sides are seared and a little brown.
- Then add the tuna and stir fry for 1 to 2 minutes and season with magic sarap, salt and pepper.
- Add in the milk, water, cheese and nestle cream and stir and simmer until the sauce boils.
- Continue stirring until the sauce becomes thick. Add the parsley and stir again for a few seconds. Turn off heat.
- Pour the carbonara sauce on top of the Spaghetti or Fettuccine and garnish with parsley and grated cheese.