Chicken and pork embutido is a combination of ground pork and ground chicken meat and made into a meatloaf. The original embutido use only pork but this one has chicken meat in it. Embutido is a Filipino version of meat loaf wrap in aluminum foil.
The traditional way is wrapping the embutido mixture in pig’s caul fat or membrane of fat that encloses the intestines, (remember the white color hair net-like structure?) and formed into baloney shape. Today you can seldom see those kinds of embotido and most dishes specially commercial ones use aluminum foil. Anyway the recipe I have here use aluminum foil for practicality but if you can find the caul fat, then I think you can replace the aluminum foil with it.
How to Cook Chicken and Pork Embutido
- 1/2 kilo ground pork fatless
- 1 1/2 cup chicken meat grind or chopped finely
- 3 raw eggs
- 2 Tbsp. picked relish
- 2 Tbsp. grated cheese
- 3 Tbsp. bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. MSG
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tbsp. white sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon powder
- 2 hard boiled eggs sliced
- 1 cooked carrot cut into strips
How to cook chicken and pork embotido:
- Mix all ingredients except carrot strips. Spread mixture on cheese cloth or aluminum foil.
- Arrange the carrot strips on top. Then in a jelly roll fashion, roll up the mixture.
- Roll tightly and wrap with cheese cloth or aluminum foil.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 300 °F. After 1/2 hour baking, open the wrapping and continue baking for another 15 minutes or until brown.
- An alternative to baking, is to steam-bake embutido in a steamer or ordinary deep pan.
- After steaming for an hour, fry until golden brown.
- To make the sauce, thicken the drippings with 1 tablespoon cornstarch or flour (dissolved in water) and pour on sliced embotido when about to be served.
- Garnish with spring onion or parsley.
Correction: In some of the comments below, star ratings were mistakenly included. These have now been removed for transparency. We apologize for any confusion this may have caused.
If i-sell po ang product. May sample computation po ba kayo ng dapat iconsider na mga expenses and pano po presyuhan yun mga expenses like utilities. How much po mag mark up after?
Hi Grace, wala po akong computation kasi for home consumption lang kasi ung mga recipes dito. Tsaka wala kasing extender na katulad ng mga commercial products. Dun kasi kumikita yung mga manufacturers sa pag lalagay ng extenders tulad ng TVP (textured vegetable protein).