Craving for a beefy and cheesy lasagna? making this dish does not require a chef skill. In fact if you can cook spaghetti, then it is easy for you to make this lasagna. This delicious lasagna recipe I have is made from layers of pasta, beefy meat sauce (also called “ragu”), white sauce and grated cheese.
This Italian dish has became popular all over the world and captivated the taste buds of Pinoys too. There are a lot of versions of lasagna all over the world from veggies, chicken, pork, turkey and beef. This lasagna recipe is suited to the Filipino taste and to those who avoid eating pork.
How to Cook Beefy Lasagna
For the pasta:
- 6 cups water
- 3 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 box double lasagna noodles extra wide
For the meat sauce:
- 1 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 head garlic crushed
- 2 pcs onions chopped
- 1 kilo ground round beef
- black pepper to taste
- 4 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp. rock salt
- pinch or oregano
- 5 cups tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
For the white sauce:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 box cottage cheese
- 1 can cream of mushrooms
- 2 cans all-purpose full cream
- grated cheese
- Boil water with salt and oil. Cook the pasta until al dente.
- Remove from heat and drain. Set aside.
- To make the white sauce: In the a pan, melt butter. Pour in cottage cheese.
- Stir until cottage cheese melts. Add cream of mushroom soup.
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly then add cream. Set aside.
- To make the meat sauce: In a pan, heat oil and saute garlic and onions until soft.
- Add meat, black pepper, soy sauce, sugar, salt, and oregano. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and water. Cook until meat is tender.
- Arrange your pasta in pyrex dish. Pour meat sauce, white sauce and grated cheese.
- Repeat the layering of the pasta, sauce and cheese until you fill up the dish.
- Top with grated cheese. Bake in an oven for about 15 to 20 minutes at 350 °F. Serve hot.
A kilo of ground beef for this lasagna dish is really beefy. I really love lasagna and this recipe might be the one I’m looking for.