3/4 cups grated young coconut meat or buko
1 large chicken breast (boiled and flaked)
1/4 kilo shrimps, shelled
1 large onion, sliced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 carrot, sliced into thin strips
10 pcs. stringbeans, sliced 1 inch long diagonally
1 cup shredded cabbage
1 tsp. MSG
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
2 Tbsp. patis or fish sauce
salt to taste
2 Tbsp. chopped kinchay or Chinese celery
2 Tbsp. cooking oil
How to cook pancit buko
- Saute garlic in hot oil. Add onion.
- Then, stir in shrimps and chicken. Season with patis.
- Cook for another 3 minutes, then, pour in chicken broth.
- Simmer for 10 minutes and add vegetables.
- When vegetables are almost done, set aside 1 cup for topping.
- Add grated buko in pan. Stir and cook for 5 minutes.
- Arrange pancit buko on a plate and spread the remaining sauteed mixture on top.
- For the sauce: patis and calamansi juice.