Igado is one of the popular Ilokano dish that consists of pork meat and pork innards like liver, heart and kidneys.
- ½ cup pork liver
- ½ cup pig's heart
- ½ cup pig's kidney
- 2 tbsp. green peas (gisantes)
- ½ cup vinegar ( sukang iloko )
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup red chili peppers
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- Cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- Marinate the liver in vinegar. Saute the garlic in oil until reddish brown.
- Stirring constantly add the pig's heart, kidney and liver (with the vinegar ).
- Add the soy sauce and simmer until tender and the sauce thickens.
- Then add the green peas and chili peppers until cooked. Serve hot.