Ginataang Sugpo (Prawns in Coconut Milk)
One of the most tastiest Filipino seafood dish is prawns in coconut milk or locally known as ginataang sugpo. If prawns are hard to find in the market, you can also use jumbo shrimps but in my opinion, prawns are tastier specially those big black tiger prawns.
- 200 grams prawns
- 15 grams siling pangsigang (green chili peppers)
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- 50 grams pechay Tagalog
- 25 grams ginger
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 25 grams onion
- 1 Tbsp bagoong alamang (to taste)
- 25 grams bell pepper
- In a pan, saute ginger, onion and prawns. Add coconut milk. Put bagoong alamang to taste.
- Add bell pepper, siling pangsigang (green chili peppers) and pechay Tagalog.
- Simmer until coconut milk is creamy. Serve hot.