This recipe is scad fish or galunggong cooked in vinegar and coconut milk. There are ways of cooking it in a pot. Either you can use stainless steel pot which is recommended rather than using aluminum or iron pot because it may affect the taste because of the vinegar. But using a claypot is much better because it will give you a distinctive taste specially if you will line the bottom of the pot with wilted banana leaves to prevent burning the fish.
1/2 kilo fresh galunggong (medium sized)
1/2 cup vinegar
1/4 cup water
2 native green pepper (long)
1 tbsp. salt
1 tbsp. vetsin or MSG
1 tbsp. ginger, minced
1 and 1/2 cup coconut cream, thick
How to cook Ginataang Galunggong
- Clean galunggong, arrange in a shallow pan.
- Add salt, vinegar, water, pepper, ginger and vetsin.
- Boil, do not stir. Cook for 5 minutes. Add coconut cream.
- Stir gently so the cream would not curdle.
- When it boils, cover and lower heat.
- Cook for 10 minutes and until sauce thickens.