Kebabs is a middle eastern dish that consist of pieces of meat, poultry, seafood or fish. It resembles our very own Pinoy pork barbecue where pieces or marinated pork is skewed on bamboo skewers. Their are many variation of kebabs and this includes the chicken kebabs recipe I have here that has alternating meat and vegetables skewed on wooden or metal skewers.
1-1/2 kilos boneless chicken/skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 medium size red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 medium size red and green bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 medium size squash, cut into 1-inch pieces
For the marinade:
1/2 cup white wine
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro
2 Tbsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
How to cook Chicken Kebabs:
- Mix wine, lime juice, oil, garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, salt and black pepper in a big zip bag.
- Add in chicken, onion, red and green bell peppers and squash.
- Seal and toss to coat vegetables. Marinate in a refrigerator at least 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken and vegetables and place marinade in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Set aside and keep warm.
- Skew chicken and vegetables in a wooden or metal skewers.
- Alternating chicken and vegetables on the skewers.
- Place and cook on a broiler rack using electric or charcoal broiler and brush with marinade until cook.