This vegetable and chicken recipe is very simple, nutritious and healthy. It is also one of my favorite vegetable dish because it is tasty and lots of dietary fibers which is good for your digestive system. When you bought young bamboo shoots, it is tender and delicate. But it is not easy to find young bamboo shoots because most often when you go and buy to the wet market or supermarkets, they are already mature and hard. It’s like you are eating the bamboo tree itself and also there is a peculiar smell when the bamboo shoots are contaminated. So if want to cook chicken with vegetables, I think bamboo shoots are one of the best option.
How to Cook Ginisang Labong sa Manok
- 1/2 kilo labong or bamboo shoots thinly sliced
- 2 pc thumb sized ginger slice into strips
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 piece onion chopped
- 2 bunches dahon ng sili or saluyot
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. patis
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cups water
- cooking oil for sauteing
- water for boiling the labong
- 1 pc chicken cube
How to Cook Ginisang Labong sa Manok:
- Wash the sliced bamboo shoots and drain. Put water in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Put the bamboo shoots in the boiling water and boil for 2 minutes. Remove from the pot and put in a strainer.
- Rinse the bamboo shoots in tap water and drain excess water. Set aside.
- Heat 2 Tbsp. of cooking oil in a pan and saute ginger, garlic and onion for 1 minute.
- Add patis and let it simmer for a minute. Then put the chicken and stir. Season with black pepper powder and stir the chicken until fat renders and becomes brown.
- Add the bamboo shoots and stir until the bamboo shoots is well mixed with the chicken.
- Add water and chicken cube then bring to a boil then simmer until the chicken is tender.
- Add the saluyot or dahon ng sili and simmer for 1 minute. Serve hot with cooked rice.
Leave a Reply