Here is another version of chicken adobo. It is a sweet style version of adobo because it contains Sprite softdrink instead of sugar. Anyway some who cook adobo are adding some sugar to improve the taste or I guess they have a sweet tooth. But in my opinion, making the adobo a little sweet tastes better than just salty and garlicky. So I think you should try this recipe because it is so easy to cook and requires just half an hour of cooking time. If you can’t find Sprite, you can use 7-Up or any similar softdrink.
How to Cook Chicken Sprite Adobo
- 1/2 kilo chicken cut into serving pieces
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1 cup sprite softdrink
- 1/2 tsp. black peppercorn cracked
- 6 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 small onion minced
- 3 pcs laurel leaves
- 1 tsp. granulated seasoning e.g. Magic Sarap, Namnam, etc
How to cook Chicken Sprite Adobo:
- In a pan, saute garlic and onion until the onions are transparent. Then stir fry the chicken with the garlic and onion until chicken becomes brown.
- Then pour the vinegar, soy sauce and peppercorns. Cover and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer for about 15 minutes. Do not stir.
- Then pour the sprite and add laurel leaves. Bring to a boil and simmer for another 15 minutes. Season with granulated seasoning and salt. Simmer for 3 minutes more and turn off heat.
- You and extend the cooking time if you want to reduce the sauce. Serve hot with steaming cooked rice.
Watch the Video on How to Cook Chicken Sprite Adobo:
Leave a Reply