Do you crave a delectable, mouthwatering dish that’s easy to prepare with simple ingredients? Look no further! In this recipe blog post, we explore the exquisite dish of Sprite Pork Ribs with Oyster Sauce, a delightful recipe that’s sure to leave your taste buds tingling with excitement. We’ll share the secrets of making this culinary masterpiece, including the special role of 7-Up or Sprite in enhancing both the flavor and tenderness of the meat.
Discovering the Magic of Sprite Pork Ribs
Before we embark on the journey of cooking Sprite Pork Ribs with Oyster Sauce, let’s take a moment to understand why this dish is so special. The secret ingredient that sets it apart is none other than 7-Up or Sprite. Not only does it add a unique flavor dimension, but it also acts as a natural meat tenderizer, making the pork ribs irresistibly tender and succulent.
The Art of Preparation
Let’s dive into the step-by-step process of creating this delectable dish.
Marinating the Pork Ribs
- Begin by placing the pork ribs in a mixing bowl.
- Introduce the key ingredients: black pepper, soy sauce, calamansi juice, oyster sauce, and garlic.
- Thoroughly mix the pork ribs with these ingredients until they are evenly coated.
- The marinating step is crucial, as it allows the flavors to penetrate the meat, resulting in a rich and savory taste. Allow the pork ribs to marinate for a minimum of thirty minutes.
Searing to Perfection
- In an empty pan, heat two tablespoons of cooking oil.
- Carefully sear the marinated pork ribs in the hot pan until they achieve a beautiful golden brown color.
- Once perfectly seared, remove the ribs from the pan and set them aside.
- Searing enhances the flavor and texture of the ribs by creating a delicious outer crust.
- In the same pan, heat an additional two tablespoons of cooking oil.
- Sauté minced garlic and finely chopped onion until they release their fragrant aroma.
- The combination of garlic and onion adds depth and complexity to the dish, making it even more irresistible.
Crafting the Perfect Pork Ribs
- Return the seared pork ribs to the pan with the sautéed garlic and onion.
- Stir the pork ribs in the aromatic mixture for about half a minute, allowing them to absorb the savory flavors.
Elevating with Tomato Paste
- Introduce tomato paste to the pan, creating a rich and robust base for your dish.
- Pour in the remaining marinade, ensuring that every drop of flavor is incorporated.
Bringing It All Together
- This is the moment where 7-Up or Sprite takes the stage! Add a can of 7-Up (or a similar lemon-lime soda) to the mixture.
- For the ideal cooking environment, pour in water, ensuring that your pork ribs are perfectly submerged.
The Slow Simmer
- Cover the pan and allow the mixture to come to a gentle boil.
- Lower the heat and let it simmer for approximately 45 minutes, or until the pork ribs reach the desired level of tenderness.
- Be attentive to the liquid level and add more water if needed to maintain the desired consistency.
- To enhance the dish’s flavor, season it with patis (fish sauce) and a pinch of black pepper.
- Taste as you season, ensuring that the final touch of flavor is perfectly balanced.
The Culinary Journey’s End
And there you have it, the art of preparing Sprite Pork Ribs with Oyster Sauce. With the clever use of 7-Up or Sprite, you’ve created a dish that’s not only delicious but also incredibly tender. The combination of sweet soda and savory oyster sauce creates a harmonious blend of flavors that’s sure to leave your family and friends impressed.
Enjoy the Culinary Magic
Now that you’ve mastered this delightful recipe, it’s time to savor the culinary magic you’ve created. The simplicity of the ingredients combined with the deliciousness of 7-Up or Sprite has made Sprite Pork Ribs with Oyster Sauce a truly exceptional dish. So, roll up your sleeves, prepare this mouthwatering dish, and bask in the joy of serving it to your loved ones. Want to try another pork ribs recipe? Check this pork ribs adobo recipe!
Sprite Pork Ribs with Oyster Sauce
- 1 kilo pork ribs chopped to serving pieces
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 6 pcs calamansi
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup Sprite or 7-Up
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp patis
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pc medium size onion minced
- 4 Tbsp cooking oil
How to Cook Sprite Pork Ribs with Oyster Sauce
- Put the pork ribs in a mixing bowl. Add black pepper, soy sauce, calamansi juice, oyster sauce and garlic.
- Mix the pork with the other ingredients until well combined. Marinate the pork ribs for half an hour.
- In an empty pan, heat 2 tablespoon cooking oil and sear the pork ribs until brown. When done, remove from pan and set aside.
- Heat another 2 tablespoon in the pan and sauté garlic and onion until fragrant.
- Remove the pork ribs from the marinade and put in the pan. Stir the pork ribs for half a minute.
- Add tomato paste and stir. Add the marinade, water and 7-Up and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer for 45 minutes or until tender. Add more water if necessary.
- When the pork is tender, season with patis and black pepper.
Cooking Tips of Sprite Pork Ribs in Oyster Sauce:
- Marinate for Maximum Flavor: Take the time to marinate the pork ribs for at least half an hour before cooking. This allows the meat to absorb the rich flavors of the soy sauce, calamansi juice, and oyster sauce, resulting in more tender and flavorful ribs.
- Control the Simmer: When simmering the pork ribs in the 7-Up and marinade mixture, maintain a gentle, consistent simmer. Avoid high heat that could cause the liquid to evaporate too quickly, which may result in the ribs not becoming as tender as desired. You can always add a bit more water if needed to maintain the desired consistency.
- Season Thoughtfully: Season the dish with fish sauce (patis) and black pepper towards the end of the cooking process, and taste as you go. Be mindful of the saltiness of the fish sauce, so you can adjust the seasoning to your preference. This step adds the final layer of flavor to your Sprite Pork Ribs with Oyster Sauce, so take your time to ensure it's just right.
Nutrition Notes:Calorie and other nutrition information is derived from HappyFolks.Com recipe nutrition calculator. The percent daily value (%DV) is based on a daily 2,000 calorie diet.
Nutrition Information:Amount per Serving:316g, Calories:340kcal, From fat:148, Â Total fat:16.8g, Saturated Fat:10.3g, Trans Fat:0g, Cholesterol:91mg, Sodium: 1258Â Total Carbohydrate: 9g, Dietary Fiber: 1g, Sugars: 5g, Protein: 38g, Vitamin A: 3%, Vitamin C: 11%, Calcium: 7%, Iron: 9%