Chicken Chopsuey Special
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 kilo chicken, cut up
1 cup ham slices (optional)
1/4 kilo pork slices
1 cup red and green pepper bells, diced
1/4 cup soy sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in 1/4 c. water
1/2 cup mushrooms, soaked in water
1/2 cup bamboo shoots, sliced
1/2 cup carrot
1 cup cauliflower
1 cup Chinese cabbage, shredded
1/2 green onions, cut 5 cm. long
1 cup stock or water
How to cook Chicken Chopsuey Special:
- Fry chicken and pork slices in hot shortening.
- Add onions, ham, mushrooms and celery. Pan-fry a few minutes.
- Then add soy sauce, chestnuts,bamboo shoots, cauliflower, and carrots.
- Add 1 cup stock and cook a few minutes more or until cauliflower is done.
- Add the cornstarch paste and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- A few minutes before serving, add shredded cabbage and cut green onions.
- Add more soy sauce and seasonings as desired. Serve hot. Good for 6 persons.