Chicken Adobo in Lemon
Adobo dish is usually accompanied by soy sauce and vinegar whether you are cooking pork, chicken or beef. This recipe, the chicken adobo in lemon doesn’t have soy sauce and vinegar but instead, use fish sauce to give it’s salty flavor that replace the soy sauce and lemon to substitute the vinegar.
- 1 kilo dressed chicken, chop into serving pieces
- 1 pc lemon, extract the juice
- 1 Tbsp. Patis or fish sauce
- 1 tsp. Magic Sarap
- ½ tsp. black pepper, ground
- 1 Tbsp. Brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 pc red onion, chopped
- 1 inch ginger, slivered
- Saute ginger, garlic and onion and add the chicken. Stir fry until the liquid evaporates.
- Then add ½ cup water, patis and black pepper. Simmer for few minutes.
- When the liquid almost evaporates, pour the lemon juice.
- Cover and simmer for a few minutes until the juice almost evaporates but not too dry.
- Season with magic sarap and sugar and adjust as necessary according to your preferred taste.
- Serve hot and garnish with slices of lemon.