This version of pork adobo is with a twist because it contains coca-cola. Which is, I think the most popular softdrink here in our country. And combining both a popular Filipino dish with a popular softdrink is I think will produce a dish that will also be listed as one of the favorite Pinoy dish. Actually whenever my wife cooks and serve adobo, there should always be a coke on the dining table. I don’t know why the adobo tasted so good whenever there is coke around. So why not combine the two? Aside from enhancing the flavor, coke also acts as a tenderizer so you don’t need to cook the meat for a long time. Both the meat and the fat will definitely taste better when cooked with coca-cola.
How to Cook Pork Adobo with Coca-Cola
- 1 kilo pork belly or pork ribs cut into serving pieces
- 1 cup coke softdrinks
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pc onion chopped
- 3 pcs laurel leaves
- 1/2 tsp. black peppercorns cracked
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp. cooking oil
How to cook Pork Adobo with Coca-Cola:
- In a pot, heat oil and saute garlic and onion until fragrant. Then add the pork and saute until slightly brown.
- Add the soy sauce, vinegar, laurel leaves, peppercorns and coke then bring to a boil. Don't stir.
- Lower the heat and simmer for about 35 minutes or until the pork is tender. Season with salt if needed.
- Serve hot with cooked rice and enjoy!