This is a simple milk fish recipe. The milk fish is fried then cooked in soy sauce and vinegar. A fish version of the famous pork adobo dish. The only extra step on cooking this recipe is frying the fish first unlike the pork or chicken adobo that you can just put every ingredients in the pot then simmer it until cooked. Frying the fish will lessen the fishy flavor of the milkfish so you can enjoy it.
- 1 medium sized bangus, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 cup vinegar
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 tsp. vetsin or MSG
- cooking oil for frying
- Combine all ingredients and marinate bangus in this mixture.
- Let stand for 1 hour. Drain fish. Set aside vinegar mixture.
- Fry fish until golden brown then set aside and fry garlic.
- Add vinegar mixture. When it boils, drop in fried bangus then cook for 10 minutes.