Adobong Baka (Beef Adobo)
Adobong baka is a variation of the original pork or chicken adobo just in case you can’t eat pork or chicken meat.
1 kilo beef (cut into 2″ cubes)
1/2 cup vinegar
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. ground pepper
1 bay leaf
1/3 cup of cooking oil
How to cook adobong baka:
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Simmer and cover tightly for an hour or until meat is tender.
- Drain and set aside. Heat cooking oil in a skillet and brown meat on all sides.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Pour off all remaining oil from skillet.
- Put sauce and cook for a few minutes more. Pour sauce over meat, and serve.
- Garnish with tomatoes and parsley. Serve hot. Good for 6 persons.