An easy spareribs dish without baking or broiling. All you have to do is fry the ribs then simmer with the catsup sauce. If your folks don’t like it spicy, you can omit the chili peppers. You can also use beef or pork ribs whichever is available in the market.
The catsup sauce is very simple to make. Just combine banana catsup, butter, chili peppers, bay leaf, onions, salt, sugar and ground pepper. This will act as the marinade to the spare ribs. The 7-up is also used in marinating the ribs but it should be poured to the ribs prior to adding the catsup sauce.
How to Cook Spareribs With Catsup
- 1 kilo pork or beef spareribs
- 1 cup banana catsup
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp butter or margarine
- 2 minced hot chili pepper siling labuyo
- 1 small piece bay leaf
- 1 tsp. pepper ground
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp MSG
- 2 tbsp white sugar
How to cook spareribs:
- Rub spareribs with a little salt. Set side.
- After 15 minutes pour 1 bottle 7 Up or Sprite over spareribs.
- Immediately add the catsup sauce and marinate spareribs in for 1 hour or more (or overnight). Heat a little oil in pan. Scrape sauce from spareribs.
- Fry meat. Brown a little, then pour 1/2 cup of sauce; simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining mixture if more sauce is desired. Serve hot.