A Simple and Tasty Recipe
Are you a fan of Chowking’s pork chao fan but prefer to cook it in the comfort of your own kitchen? Look no further! This pork chao fan recipe is exactly what you’re looking for. If you know how to cook fried rice, then preparing this chao fan dish is just as easy. With simple ingredients readily available in your local supermarkets, you won’t have to make a special trip to find what you need.
Sauteing the Aromatics and Vegetables
To begin, heat one tablespoon of cooking oil in a medium-sized pan. Add finely chopped onions and garlic to the hot oil, and sautÃ© until they become fragrant, releasing their wonderful flavors. Next, add finely diced carrots, bell peppers, and cabbage to the pan. Stir-fry the vegetables for a few minutes until they become slightly tender. Once done, set them aside for later use.
Cooking Scrambled Eggs
Using the same pan, add another tablespoon of cooking oil and heat it up. Crack a few eggs into a bowl, beat them lightly, and pour the beaten eggs into the pan. Cook the eggs until they are scrambled, stirring occasionally to break them into smaller pieces. Once the eggs are cooked, remove them from the pan and set them aside.
Searing the Cubed Pork
In the same pan, heat another tablespoon of cooking oil. Place the cubed pork into the pan and cook it over medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes until it browns and develops a delicious aroma. Once the pork is nicely seared, remove it from the pan and set it aside for now.
Stir-Frying the Rice
Using the same pan once again, pour in some more cooking oil and heat it up. Add minced garlic to the hot oil and sautÃ© until it becomes fragrant. Now, it’s time to incorporate the cooked rice into the pan and stir-fry it together with the garlic. In a small cup, combine soy sauce and sugar, stirring until the sugar is fully dissolved. Pour this soy sauce mixture over the rice and stir well to evenly distribute the flavors.
Bringing It All Together
Now it’s time to bring all the components together for the final assembly. Add the sautÃ©ed pork back into the pan with the rice, followed by a sprinkle of salt, pepper, chili powder, and curry powder for a flavorful kick. Next, add the scrambled eggs that were set aside earlier, and finally, add the sautÃ©ed vegetables. Drizzle a touch of aromatic sesame oil over the mixture and stir everything together for a few more minutes, allowing the flavors to meld.
Serving and Garnishing
Once your pork chao fan is fully cooked and the flavors have melded beautifully, transfer it to a serving plate. To add a fresh touch, garnish the dish with chopped spring onions. The vibrant green color and mild onion flavor of the spring onions will provide the perfect finishing touch to your homemade pork chao fan.
Enjoy the Perfectly Cooked Pork Chao Fan
Congratulations! You’ve successfully cooked a delectable pork chao fan dish right in your own kitchen. The combination of fluffy rice, tender pork, flavorful vegetables, and aromatic spices will surely delight your taste buds. Whether you’re cooking for yourself or serving it to family and friends, this pork chao fan recipe is guaranteed to be a hit.
With this easy-to-follow recipe, you can recreate the wonderful flavors of Chowking’s pork chao fan at home. Skip the long queues and expensive takeout bills by preparing this delicious dish in your own kitchen. Impress your loved ones with your culinary skills and satisfy your cravings for this beloved Chinese-inspired rice dish.
Next time you’re in the mood for some pork chao fan, remember that you have the power to make it yourself. So grab your apron, head to the kitchen, and start cooking this tasty and satisfying dish. Your taste buds will thank you!
How to Cook Pork Chao Fan
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 1 Tbsp. garlic chopped
- 1 small red onion minced
- 2 raw eggs
- 1 cup diced or cubed pork
- 1 cup cabbage finely sliced
- 1/4 cup spring onion chopped
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. garlic chopped (another for rice)
- 1 medium sized bell pepper chopped finely
- 1/4 cup carrots chopped finely
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. chili powder optional
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 4 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
How to cook pork chao fan:
- In a medium size pan, heat one tablespoon of cooking oil and saute onion and garlic until fragrant. Then add carrots, bell pepper and cabbage. Stir cook for a few minutes and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat another tablespoon of cooking oil and cook the beaten eggs until it becomes scrambled eggs. Then stir until the eggs are separated to each other. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, heat again one tablespoon of cooking oil and saute the cubed pork on a medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes until it turns to brown. Remove from the pan ans set aside.
- In the same pan again, pour some cooking oil and saute the garlic until fragrant. Then follow the cooked rice and stir fry with the garlic. In a small cup combine soy sauce and sugar and mix until it is dissolved. Pour on the rice and stir until the soy sauce mixture is thoroughly mixed with the rice.
- Then add the sauteed pork, salt, pepper, chili powder and curry powder. Next, add the eggs and last but not the least are the vegetables. Drizzle with sesame oil and stir cook for a few minutes.
- Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with chopped spring onions.
Cooking Tips for Pork Chao Fan:
- Use day-old rice: To achieve the perfect texture and prevent the rice from becoming mushy, it's best to use day-old cooked rice for your chao fan. Freshly cooked rice tends to be too moist, leading to clumps and stickiness. Cold, day-old rice has had a chance to dry out slightly, resulting in separate grains that stir-fry beautifully.
- Preparing the ingredients ahead of time: Chao fan is a fast-paced stir-fry dish, so it's essential to have all your ingredients prepped and ready before you start cooking. Chop your vegetables, dice the pork, and beat the eggs in advance. This way, you can easily add them to the pan as needed, ensuring that everything cooks evenly and efficiently.
- Adjust seasoning to your taste: While the recipe provides a guideline for the amount of salt, pepper, chili powder, and curry powder, don't be afraid to adjust the seasoning to suit your personal preferences. Taste the dish as you go and add more seasoning if desired. Remember, cooking is all about making the dish your own, so feel free to experiment and tailor the flavors to your liking.