Dilis or dried anchovies fried rice is a creative and one of the many variations of fried rice. It is recommended to use dried anchovies and not fresh but you can also experiment and see if that works too. Also, there are sizes of dried anchovies to choose from. Using small anchovies, or if you can find anchovy fries, is best because they are more crispy compared to large anchovies when fried.
To cook dilis fried rice; In a wok, heat the oil and saute the dried anchovies and spring onions. Add the rice and mix well. Season with salt, pepper and wine. As an option, top rice with fried egg and more fried dilis. Transfer to a plate and serve hot. To see the complete recipe with list of ingredients in exact measurements, continue reading.
How to Cook Dilis Fried Rice
- 1/4 cup cooking oil
- 1/2 cup small dilis small dried anchovies
- 1/4 cup chopped spring onions
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. rice wine
- Fried eggs and fried dilis for garnishing optional
How to cook Dilis Fried Rice:
- In a wok, heat the oil and saute the dried anchovies and spring onions.
- Add the rice and mix well. Season with salt, pepper and wine.
- As an option, top rice with fried egg and more fried dilis.
- Transfer to a plate and serve hot.
Hi. Where can I buy rice wine here in Manila?
You can buy it in large supermarkets like hypermart or shopwise.