Are you wondering what kind of dish can be made with your favorite pork and beans that is usually eaten in breakfast? I was skeptic at first when my wife tried cooking this recipe using chicken legs cooked with pork and beans and some veggies. The ingredients are very simple which is why I was thinking and saying this on my mind; “what will it taste? will it taste good?”, while I was going to the dining table to eat our lunch. But to my amazement this chicken dish is absolutely delicious! I don’t know if other nationalities will like this dish but since pork and beans is known and eaten almost worldwide I think this dish will have its place on the any dining table. I ate it with cooked rice but I think it will taste as good with bread. If you don’t eat rice, I think bread is also a perfect combination with this dish.
How to Cook Chicken with Pork and Beans
- 1 kilo chicken cut into serving pieces (your choice of cut)
- 2 medium size potatoes cut into wedges
- 100 grams green beans cut into one inch
- 1 big can pork and beans approx: 460 grams
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. cooking oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 to 2 cups water
How to cook Chicken with Pork and Beans:
- Heat cooking oil in a wok and saute garlic and onion until fragrant. Add in the chicken and saute until seared and brown on all sides.
- Add in the potatoes and stir for a few seconds. Then pour the water and cover. Simmer for 15 minutes in medium-low heat.
- Uncover and add in the green beans and stir. Pour the pork and beans and stir again. Season with salt and pepper then cover. Cook for another 5 minutes until the chicken is tender. Serve hot with cooked rice.