If you are searching for a easy to prepare and cook macaroni salad I think this creamy version of chicken macaroni salad is what you are looking for! I’m sure you are going to love it specially if you also like pineapples. The only cooking you need to do is to cook the pasta and the chicken which only requires tossing together the ingredients after every ingredients are prepared. I almost forgot to mention the carrots which requires a quick boiling or blanching but this step is optional. I also added cremdensada instead of condensed milk to make it creamier and a little sweeter. But its your choice to omit it or change it to condense milk only or by adding some all-purpose cream.
How to Make Chicken Macaroni Salad
- 400 grams elbow macaroni pasta
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 500 grams chicken breast
- 1 piece carrot cut into small cubes
- 1 piece red onion minced
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup Eden filled cheese cut into small cubes
- 1 small can crushed pineapple drained
- 1/2 cup pickle relish
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1 and 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup cremedensada (Angel Cremdensada) condense milk + cream
- 1 small can pineapple tidbits drained (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Chicken Macaroni Salad:
- Boil 2 liters of water in a pot with 1 Tbsp. of cooking oil and 1 Tbsp. salt. Put the macaroni pasta and cook for 10 minutes stirring from time to time to avoid sticking the bottom.
- When the macaroni is already cooked (al dente), Remove the liquid from the pot and fill with tap water in the sink. Strain the pasta using a colander and let it drain. Place the colander on a bowl to let it dry and the liquid is completely drained.
- Boil 1 cup of water in a pan and put in the chopped carrots. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes and drain. Let it cool and set aside.
- Boil chicken in 2 cups of water until tender. Drain and cool. Then debone the chicken and shred the meat. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl or basin, combine macaroni pasta, carrots and chicken meat. Toss until well mixed.
- Then add raisins, cheese, crushed pineapple, pineapple tidbits, onion, pickle relish and celery. Toss all the ingredients again until well combined. Then add salt and pepper.
- Add mayonnaise and cremdensada. Toss until the ingredients are well mixed. Chill for a few hours then serve.
Leave a Reply