Another variation of the beef caldereta is the cheesy beef caldereta. Of course the obvious ingredients here is cheese, in fact, quick melt cheese is used. But I think ordinary cheese would suffice in cooking this caldereta because it will melt anyway when you cook it.
And another ingredient here not usually found in most local caldereta dish is the olives. You can omit it anyway if that seems to be an overkill or too expensive. You can replace it with sliced pickles because the sour and sweet taste is almost identical. And the caldereta dishes that my wife is cooking always have pickles which enhances the taste.
How To Cook Beef Caldereta with Cheese
- 1 kilo beef tenderloin sliced into cubes
- 2 tsp. margarine
- 1 Tbsp. garlic minced
- 6 cups water
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground pepper
- 2 pcs bay leaf
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2/3 cup tomato sauce
- 2 pcs birds eye chili or siling labuyo chopped
- 2 Tbsp. peanut butter
- 1/2 cup liver spread
- 1/4 cup celery sliced
- 3/4 cup quick melt cheese grated
- 1/3 cup whole olives
- 1/2 cup carrots sliced
How To Cook Cheesy Beef Caldereta
- Saute garlic in butter. Add in beef and stir fry until brown.
- Pour water, salt, pepper and bay leaf. Simmer until meat is tender.
- Add in tomato paste, tomato sauce, chili, liver spread and peanut butter and cook for 5 minutes while stirring continuously to avoid lumps.
- Add in grated cheese, celery, carrrots and olives and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.