Winged Bean Salad (Ensaladang Sigarilyas)
This four cornered vegetable pod is also known as sigarilyas or winged bean or asparague beans. This salad recipe I have here is very simple to make by using simple ingredients and simple cooking method.
- ¼ kilo sigarilyas (winged bean)
- 1 cup small shrimps cooked and shelled
- 1 bunch watercress
- 2 Tbsp. red chili pepper, chopped
- 3 Tbsp. vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. ground pepper
- ¼ cup corn oil
- Slice sigarilyas crosswise into stars. Blanch and drain thoroughly.
- In a serving bowl, arrange the sliced winged beans, watercress, and shrimps.
- Combine dressing ingredients and pour over salad. Sprinkle red chili pepper.