This is a Pinoy version of fried chicken which most Filipinos loves. That is why chicken joy is very famous in the Philippines.
1 chicken (1 – 1/2 kilo)
3 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. garlic minced
3 tbsp. calamansi juice
1/4 cup tomato catsup
1/2 tsp. MSG
Cooking oil for frying
Salt and pepper to taste
How to cook fried chicken:
- Clean chicken and cut to large pieces or into quarters if desired.
- Marinate the chicken about 2 or more hours in the above mixture of soy sauce, garlic, calamansi juice, catsup, salt, pepper and detain, taking care to rub minced garlic on surface of chicken pieces.
- Turn chicken several times in marinade.
- Drain the chicken pieces and fry in deep hot fat until golden brown.
- If desired, dredge in flour first or roll in powdered bread crumbs (biscocho), before frying.
- Serve with ketchup. Good for 8 persons.