Pinoy Fried Chicken
This is a Pinoy version of fried chicken which most Filipinos loves. That is why chicken joy is very famous in the Philippines. The fried chicken recipe here is marinated in a mixture of soy sauce, calamansi juice, garlic, tomato catsup, salt and pepper before frying. But since there is soy sauce in the marinade, the common result is the soy sauce gets burned easily so the result is a kind of burned fried chicken. To prevent this, you can fry the chicken in low fire or dredge the chicken in flour before frying.
- 1 chicken (about 1 to 1/2 kilo)
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. garlic minced
- 3 Tbsp. calamansi juice
- ¼ cup tomato catsup
- ½ tsp. MSG
- Cooking oil for frying
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean chicken and cut to large pieces or into quarters if desired.
- Marinate the chicken about 2 or more hours in the above mixture of soy sauce, garlic, calamansi juice, catsup, salt, pepper and detain, taking care to rub minced garlic on surface of chicken pieces.
- Turn chicken several times in marinade. Drain the chicken pieces and fry in deep hot fat until golden brown.
- If desired, dredge in flour first or roll in powdered bread crumbs (biscocho), before frying.
- Serve with ketchup. Good for 8 persons.