1 kilo pork bones
1/2 kilo pork liempo (pork belly)
1/2 kilo small shrimp
2 carrots, peeled and cut in strips
1/4 kilo cabbage, cut In strips
3 tablespoons soy sauce
1 kilo lomi noodles
1 bunch sibuyas Tagalog (small red onions)
1 bunch wansuy
How to cook pancit lomi:
- In a large casserole put in pork bones and pork belly.
- Cover with about 12 cups of water and cook over a very low fire. Season with salt.
- When pork belly is tender, remove from casserole and slice into 1/4 x 1/2 x 1 inch strips and set aside.
- Shell shrimps and set aside. Add the shrimp heads and shells to the soup stock and continue cooking.
- In a separate pan, heat 2 tablespoons cooking oil. Stir fry, sliced pork, shrimps, carrots, and cabbage.
- Cook only until vegetables are crisp tender. Add soy sauce.
- Peel shallots and slice thinly. Fry until lightly browned and crisp.
- In another pot boil water and drop lomi noodles. Cook for about 3 minutes.
- Put in a collander and rinse with cold water.
- Strain soup stock and add cooked lomi noodles.
- Serve soup and noodles in a bowl topped with the pork and vegetables.
- Sprinkle with the fried shallots and garnish with wansuy.