If you are looking for a different version of paella, then I think this dish will arouse your curiosity. Instead of using rice as the main ingredient of cooking paella, this recipe I have here uses vermicelli or commonly called sotanghon. The seafoods used are clams, mussels and prawns and of course chicken meat is also included.
250 grams vermicelli (sotanghon)
half chicken, deboned
1 pc red bell pepper, sliced
1 pc green bell pepper, sliced
2 pcs. hard boiled eggs, sliced
25 grams green peas
1 lemon, juice extracted
150 grams clams
150 grams mussels
3 pcs prawns
3 tsp. garlic, minced
3 tsp. onion. minced
2 Tbsp. tomato paste
1 tsp. paprika
How to cook Paella Sotanghon:
- Soak vermicelli or sotanghon in water for 5 minutes, drain and set aside.
- Bring clams and mussels to a boil, reserve the stock.
- In a large pan, saute garlic and onions. Add the seafood and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Then add the tomato paste and sweet paprika.
- Pour in the reserved stock and sotanghon and let it boil until cooked.
- Add the remaining ingredients and transfer in a Paellanera.
- Then cook in oven for about 10 minutes. Serve hot.