This is a creamier version of chicken caldereta. Creamier than only adding cheese to it because this chicken caldereta has an additional ingredient which is the all-purpose cream. I’m sure you are going to love this chicken dish specially if one of your favorite dish is caldereta. The traditional caldereta dish is made from beef or goat but if you want to avoid red meats, then substituting it with chicken is a good alternative because it is lower in cholesterol and easier to digest. You can also use any parts of the chicken when cooking this dish.
How to Cook Creamy Chicken Caldereta
- 1 kilo chicken parts of your choice, chopped to serving pieces
- 1 pc large potato peeled and slice into wedges
- 1 pc carrot peeled and slice into wedges
- 2 pcs red and green bell peppers sliced into squares
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pc onion minced
- 200 ml tomato sauce
- 1 small can liver spread
- 1 to 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup green peas
- 1/4 cup grated or sliced cheese
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. salt
- fish sauce to taste optional
- 2 pcs calamansi extract the juice
- cooking oil for frying and sauteing
How to Cook Creamy Chicken Caldereta:
- Season chicken with salt, calamansi juice and pepper. Massage the chicken for a few minutes and marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan about 1 cup and fry the chicken until brown. Remove from the pan and drain excess oil and set aside.
- In the same pan, fry the carrots until brown. Drain and set aside. Then fry the potatoes until brown and set aside.
- In the same pan, reduce the amount of oil to 1 Tbsp. then saute garlic and onion until soft.
- Add in the liver spread, tomato sauce and water. Stir and bring to a boil. Simmer for 3 minutes while stirring to avoid burning the bottom.
- Add in the chicken and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender. Then add in carrots, cheese and potatoes and simmer until tender.
- Add in the green peas, bell peppers and all-purpose cream and stir cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Turn off heat and serve hot.