Marinated Bangus in Angel Hair Pasta
Marinated bangus strips in angel hair pasta is a one of a kind pasta dish and it’s a healthy dish too. Instead of the usual pork, beef or chicken most Filipino pasta dishes have, this recipe is a combination fish and vegetables, milkfish belly and cherry tomatoes. So if you are looking for a delicious and healthy pasta dish, why not try this recipe?
1/2 cup corn oil or palm oil for frying
400 grams boneless bangus belly
1/2 cup vinegar
1 tsp. cracked peppercorns
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 tsp. salt
200 grams angel hair pasta
1/2 cup olive oil
1/4 cup minced garlic
2 cups whole cherry tomatoes
1/4 cup white wine
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
1 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 Tbsp. chopped parsley
3 Tbsp. fresh basil leaves, cut in long thin strips
1/2 cup cubed kesong puti or feta cheese
How to cook Marinated Bangus in Angel Hair Pasta:
- Marinate the bangus belly in vinegar, peppercorns, garlic and salt for 6 to 8 hours.
- Before cooking the bangus, slice it into strips and deep fry in hot oil until crisp and golden. Set aside.
- Cook pasta as per package directions. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil on pan and saute garlic and cherry tomatoes.
- Add white wine, thyme, and red pepper flakes and simmer until tomatoes are cooked.
- Toss in pasta, crispy bangus, parsley, and basil leaves.
- Serve hot topped with cubed kesong puti or feta cheese.