Chicken Hamonado (Hamonadong Manok)
Chicken hamonado or hamonadong manok is chicken baked in pineapple juice. It uses the pineapple, condiments and spices as a marinade and then baked. You will surely enjoy it’s sweet fruity taste of pineapple juice added to this chicken as a marinade together with soy sauce, vinegar, peppercorns, onion and garlic. You will be amazed how simple cooking this chicken recipe because it’s so simple even a novice can cook this dish.
Marinate chicken with the rest of the ingredients for at least an hour. Simmer mixture until chicken is tender. Transfer into a baking dish. Bake in preheated oven of 300 °F until sauce thickens. Cool and slice thinly. To see the complete recipe with lists of ingredients in exact measurements, continue reading.
- 2 whole chicken breasts, deboned and rolled (secure with a string) or 6 chicken drumsticks
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- ⅓ cup vinegar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. black pepper ground
- ½ clove garlic, crushed
- 1 pc onion, chopped
- Marinate chicken with the rest of the ingredients for at least an hour.
- Simmer mixture until chicken is tender.
- Transfer into a baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven of 300 °F until sauce thickens.
- Cool and slice thinly.
- Serve as a delicious sandwich filling or as a main course. Serves 6.