Chicken hamonado or hamonadong manok is chicken baked in pineapple juice. It uses the pineapple, condiments and spices as a marinade then baked.
2 whole chicken breasts, deboned and rolled (secure with a string) or 6 chicken drumsticks
1 Tbsp. salt
1 cup pineapple juice
1/3 cup vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. black pepper ground
1/2 clove garlic, crushed
1 pc onion, chopped
How to cook chicken hamonado:
- Marinate chicken with the rest of the ingredients for at least an hour.
- Simmer mixture until chicken is tender.
- Transfer into a baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven 300 deg F until sauce thickens.
- Cool and slice thinly.
- Serve as a delicious sandwich filling or as a main course. Serves 6.