Chicken hamonado or hamonadong manok is chicken baked in pineapple juice. It uses the pineapple, condiments and spices as a marinade and then baked. You will surely enjoy it’s sweet fruity taste of pineapple juice added to this chicken as a marinade together with soy sauce, vinegar, peppercorns, onion and garlic. You will be amazed how simple cooking this chicken recipe because it’s so simple even a novice can cook this dish.
Marinate chicken with the rest of the ingredients for at least an hour. Simmer mixture until chicken is tender. Transfer into a baking dish. Bake in preheated oven of 300 °F until sauce thickens. Cool and slice thinly.
How To Cook Oven baked Chicken Hamonado
- 2 whole chicken breasts deboned and rolled (secure with a string) or 6 chicken drumsticks
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. black pepper ground
- 1/2 clove garlic crushed
- 1 pc onion chopped
How To Cook Chicken Hamonado
- Marinate chicken with the rest of the ingredients for at least an hour.
- Simmer mixture until chicken is tender.
- Transfer into a baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven of 300 °F until sauce thickens.
- Cool and slice thinly.
- Serve as a delicious sandwich filling or as a main course. Serves 6.