1& 1/2 cup water
1 whole chicken
2 onions, quartered
1 & 1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. margarine
1 onion chopped
1 chopped red bell pepper
2 small carrots diced
2 pcs. Chorizo de Bilbao, sliced thinly
1/2 cup chicken broth
6 medium size potatoes
1/2 cup margarine
1/4 cup milk
1 slightly beaten egg
asparagus tips and green
peas for garnishing cooked in salt and water and mashed
How to cook chicken alexander:
- Boil the chicken with the first four ingredients for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bones and dice the chicken meat. Set aside.
- In a separate pan, sauté the onion in the margarine.
- Add the chicken; stir a while, before adding the chicken broth.
- Season to taste. Arrange the mixture in a round Pyrex dish.
- Arrange one layer of asparagus tips on the top or toss in one cup green peas. Set aside.
- To the mashed potato add 1/2 cup margarine, milk, beaten egg and seasonings.
- Mash until smooth. Put on top of the chicken.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs and bake in a preheated (350 deg F) oven for 20 minutes or until top is slightly brown.
- Good for 8 persons.