Calamares Castellana (Grilled Squid with Olive Oil Sauce)
This dish is grilled squid marinated in calamansi juice, salt and pepper with castellana sauce. Castellena sauce is made of olive oil, salt, pepper, vinegar and calamansi juice. So if you are looking for a grilled squid recipe that is simple yet savory dish, then I think it’s time to try this dish.
- 150gms squid
- dash of salt and pepper
- 2 pcs calamansi
- ½ cup garlic
- ¼ tsp salt and pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 pcs calamansi, squeezed
- Clean squid very well. Marinate squid with calamansi and season with salt and pepper.
- Grill squid for a few minutes, then pour Castellana sauce.
- Heat olive oil. Toast chopped garlic. Drain and set aside toasted garlic.
- Mix all ingredients with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.