Bistek Tagalog (Filipino Beef Steak)
This is a Filipino style beef steak. Made from thinly sliced beef and marinated with soy sauce, calamansi juice, pepper and liquid seasoning. It should be marinated for at least an hour for the beef to absorb the marinade.
After marinating, brown the meat then boil it with soup stock together with the marinade until tender. Then garnish with onion rings. You can also cook the onion rings by stir frying for a few minutes. Serve it with steamed rice or fried rice.
- 250 grams beef, sliced thinly
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 4 pcs calamansi,(extract juice)
- 1 Tbsp Knorr liquid seasoning
- ½ cup soup stock
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 pc big onion, sliced into rings
- ground pepper
- MSG to taste
- Marinate beef in calamansi juice, soy sauce, Knorr liquid seasoning, pepper, and MSG for at least an hour.
- In a pan, heat some oil and stir fry onions until half cooked. Set aside.
- Fry beef in oil until brown. Add soup stock and marinade then boil until meat becomes tender.
- Add more water if necessary until the beef is tender and there is some liquid left.
- Season to taste. Garnish with onion rings. Serve hot.