Chicken bistek is another variation of the well known traditional beef bistek. I think this is the healthier version of bistek compared to beef or pork and it also needs less time to cook. The way to describe this dish is meat marinated in soy sauce, calamansi juice and pepper. Then sauteed and cooked in its own marinade until tender. Then garnished with onions rings which is the common ingredient on all version of bistek dishes. I think without the onions it is hard to identify this dish by just looking at it. So what are you waiting for? try this dish on your next menu and tell me how tasty it is by commenting below.
How to Cook Chicken Bistek
- 1 kilo chicken thigh deboned or bone-in
- 2 Tbsp. calamansi juice
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 2 medium sized onions sliced into rings
- 4 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 4 Tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 to 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. Maggie magic sarap optional
How to cook Chicken Bistek:
- In a bowl, combine chicken, calamansi, soy sauce, salt and black pepper. Mix and marinate the chicken for a 3 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- In a pan or wok, heat oil and butter and saute the onion rings until transparent. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, saute the garlic until fragrant. Then remove the chicken from the marinade and put in the pan. Stir fry the chicken for 2 minutes.
- Pour the marinade, magic sarap and a little water and cover. Bring to a boil and simmer until the chicken is tender. Add water and adjust the seasonings according to your preference by adding sugar if necessary.
- Turn off heat and transfer to a serving platter. Garnish with onions rings and serve hot.
Leave a Reply