Beef sisig is a variation of the famous pork sisig. Unlike the pork sisig that use pig’s head as the main ingredient, the beef sisig use beef tenderloin.
1 kilo beef tenderloin, with fat
1/4 kilo beef liver or chicken Liver
1/2 cup soy Sauce
1/2 cup vinegar
5 pcs bird’s eye chili or siling labuyo, crushed
4 medium size white onion, chop into small cubes
1 head garlic, minced
1 green bell pepper, chopped into small cubes
1 red bell pepper, chopped into small cubes
3 pcs lemon or calamansi
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 beef broth cube
salt and pepper
How to cook beef sisig:
- Slice the beef into strips about half an inch thick.
- Marinate in soy sauce and vinegar for about one hour.
- Then fry the marinated beef until golden brown and set aside.
- Boil the beef or chicken liver and fry it the same as you did in the beef strips. Set aside.
- Slice the fried livers into medium size cubes. Set aside.
- In a wok or a heavy skillet, heat about 1 tablespoon oil and saute garlic and onion, chili and bell pepper.
- Then pour about 1/2 cup of the soy sauce and vinegar mixture from the beef marinade.
- Simmer for a few minutes then add the pepper and beef broth cube.
- Add salt according to your desired taste. Then pour the it on the fried beef strips and liver.
- Put the mayonnaise and some lemon juice to give a little sourness and mix until all the ingredients are well coated with mayo.
- Serve hot.