1 kg. beef, cut into desired pieces
2 potatoes, pared and divided into 6
1 big onion, peeled and cut into cubes
1/2 head garlic
1 tsp. black pepper
1-1/2 cups native vinegar
2-1/2 tbsp. cooking oil
1 pc. bay leaf
1 tsp. salt
2 tbsps. soy sauce
2 small red/green pepper, cut into slices
2 tbsps. achuete juice
2 tomatoes, cut into small pieces
How to cook beef asado:
- Place the meat in a saucepan and add vinegar, pepper, 1/2 of garlic, salt, bay leaf and soy sauce.
- Allow it to boil for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups water and let boil until meat is tender. Fry the potatoes until golden brown, then set aside.
- Saute garlic, onions and tomatoes; then, add inept mixture, potatoes and red/green pepper.
- Add the actuate juice to the mixture and cook until done. Serve hot. Good for 6 persons.