One of the most tastiest Filipino seafood dish is prawns in coconut milk or locally known as ginataang sugpo. If prawns are hard to find in the market, you can also use jumbo shrimps but in my opinion, prawns are tastier specially those big black tiger prawns. And with regard to using coconut milk, you can either buy coconut milk in cans or those sold in the wet market of fresh coconut milk already repacked in small plastic bags. You can also make your own coconut milk by squeezing grated mature coconut meat.
To cook ginataang sugpo; In a pan, saute ginger, onion and prawns. Add coconut milk. Put bagoong alamang to taste. Add bell pepper, siling pangsigang (green chili peppers) and pechay tagalog. Simmer until coconut milk is creamy.
How to Cook Ginataang Sugpo (Prawns in Coconut Milk)
- 200 grams prawns
- 15 grams siling pangsigang green chili peppers
- 1 tsp cooking oil
- 50 grams pechay Tagalog
- 25 grams ginger
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 25 grams onion
- 1 Tbsp bagoong alamang to taste
- 25 grams bell pepper
How to cook Ginataang Sugpo
- In a pan, saute ginger, onion and prawns. Add coconut milk. Put bagoong alamang to taste.
- Add bell pepper, siling pangsigang (green chili peppers) and pechay Tagalog.
- Simmer until coconut milk is creamy. Serve hot.
Leave a Reply