A delicious and easy to cook chicken wings recipe! I’m sure you are going to love this taste of this dish. With its savory flavor of Parmesan cheese combined with butter and aromatics like garlic, chili and spring onions, I’m sure you will ask for more! This dish is basically fried chicken wings glazed with the Parmesan and butter mixture so just looking at the ingredients below, you will be sure that it is easy to cook. You will not be overwhelmed with a lot of ingredients like in other recipes. I just have a suggestion when buying Parmesan cheese, it is preferable to buy fresh grated Parmesan cheese or you can buy a block of cheese and grate it yourself. Dried Parmesan is salty and doesn’t taste as good as the fresh one.
Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings
- 1 kilo chicken wings cut into 2 pcs
- 1/2 tsp. salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp. calamansi juice
- 1 cup cornstarch for breading
- cooking oil for frying
For the glaze:
- 100 grams 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup Fresh Parmesan cheese grated
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 2 pcs siling labuyo chopped
- 2 Tbsp. spring onions chopped + for garnishing
How to Cook Garlic Parmesan Chicken Wings:
- Combine chicken, calamansi juice, salt and pepper in a bowl. Marinate the chicken for 1 hour.
- Coat the chicken with cornstarch by putting it in the plastic back and shake it until well coated. You can also just dredge the chicken with the cornstarch in a bowl if you don't want to use plastic bags.
- Heat oil in a frying pan about 3 cups then fry the chicken until golden brown. Place on a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
- To make the chicken crispier, you can refry the chicken in high heat for a few seconds then set aside again.
- Heat another empty pan or wok and melt the butter. Then put the garlic and saute until fragrant.
- Turn off heat and add the spring onion and siling labuyo then stir. Let it cool for 2 minutes then add in the parmesan cheese. Stir until well mixed.
- Add in the chicken and toss it well until the chicken is well coated with the parmesan-butter mixture.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve it with honey mustard dressing or garlic mayo dip as sauce. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply