A very easy to cook seafood dish is this garlic butter dish. With its buttery and garlicky flavor with a little sweetness I’m sure you are going love it! Just don’t overcook the shrimps so it will not be too tough and hard to peel. And with regards to cooking the shrimps, there are two options for you to choose, either you can peel the shrimps first before cooking or retain the shell of the shrimps. There are advantages and disadvantages of course and I think it’s up to you to know. But for me, I prefer cooking it with the shell still intact so it will be easier to cook and more appetizing.
How to Cook Garlic Butter Shrimp
- 1 kilo large shrimps washed and trimmed
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup Sprite or 7-Up softdrinks
- 1/2 tsp. chili flakes optional
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped spring onions
- Wash and clean the shrimps then trim the antennae and rostrum teeth. You can also devein the shrimps by cutting the shell on the dorsal side of the shrimp and picking it out with a toothpick. Then marinate it with Sprite or 7-Up softdrinks.
- In a pan or wok, put the butter and heat until it melts. Saute garlic and chili flakes until garlic is slightly brown. Drain the shrimps from the soda and put in the shrimps in the pan.
- Saute until the shrimps turns orange then add the marinade. Bring to a boil and simmer until the liquid evaporates in half.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir. Garnish with spring onions or fried garlic. Serve hot with steaming cooked rice.