If you’re looking for a simple and mouthwatering chicken wing dish, then look no further. This garlic butter chicken recipe is sure to impress your taste buds with its sweet and buttery flavor. The best part is, you can use various parts of the chicken if you’re not a fan of wings. In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps to create this delectable dish. Let’s get started!
Preparing the Chicken
Before diving into the cooking process, it’s essential to prepare the chicken properly. Start by washing and cleaning the chicken thoroughly. Ensure that it is drained properly to prevent excess moisture during cooking. If you’re using chicken wings, divide them into two pieces each, as this will allow for more even cooking.
Marinating the Chicken
The key to flavorful chicken is marinating it with the right ingredients. In a bowl, place the chicken and pour soy sauce over it. Make sure to coat the chicken thoroughly with the soy sauce by rubbing it gently. This will enhance the taste and tenderness of the meat.
Frying the Chicken
While not mandatory, frying the chicken before cooking adds a delightful crispiness to the dish. Heat oil in a pan and lightly fry the chicken until the skin turns a slightly brown color. Remember, the goal here is not to fully cook the chicken, but to achieve that appetizing golden hue.
Creating the Garlic Butter Sauce
The star of this recipe is undoubtedly the garlic butter sauce. In the same pan used to fry the chicken, heat about 2 tablespoons of cooking oil. Sauté garlic and onion until the onion turns soft, releasing a tantalizing aroma. Next, add the butter to the pan and stir until it melts completely.
To enhance the flavors further, incorporate ketchup, oyster sauce, salt, and pepper into the mixture. Stir the ingredients for a few seconds until they blend well. Now, it’s time to add the chicken back into the pan. Stir the chicken with the sauce for a minute, ensuring that each piece is coated with the luscious buttery goodness.
Simmering the Chicken
To infuse the chicken with flavors, it’s time to introduce a secret ingredientâ€”7-Up or Sprite soft drink. Pour this carbonated beverage into the pan, and bring the mixture to a boil. Once it reaches a boil, cover the pan and let the chicken simmer over low heat for approximately 20 to 35 minutes. This gentle simmering process will make the chicken tender and allow it to absorb the flavors of the sauce.
Final Touches and Serving
After the chicken is cooked to perfection, turn off the heat and get ready to serve a plateful of aromatic delight. For an enticing presentation, garnish the dish with fried garlic and spring onions. These additions will add a pleasant crunch and fresh aroma to the final product.
Enjoying the Garlic Butter Chicken Wings
Now that your garlic butter chicken wings are ready, it’s time to dig in and savor the flavorful experience. The combination of sweet and buttery notes, along with the tender chicken, will undoubtedly leave you wanting more. Serve the dish hot and pair it with your favorite side dishes or a fresh salad for a complete meal.
Creating a delicious meal doesn’t have to be complicated. This garlic butter chicken wings recipe is a testament to that. With simple steps and readily available ingredients, you can whip up a delightful dish that will impress your family and friends. The next time you’re craving a savory chicken meal, give this recipe a try. Your taste buds will thank you!
Notes on The Ingredients:
The star of the dish, chicken forms the base of the garlic butter chicken wings. Use chicken wings or any other preferred chicken parts for this recipe.
Adding a rich and aromatic flavor, garlic plays a crucial role in enhancing the taste of the dish. Sauteed garlic infuses the buttery sauce with its distinctive essence.
The key ingredient that gives the dish its creamy and indulgent taste. Butter is melted and combined with other flavorful ingredients to create a luscious garlic butter sauce that coats the chicken wings.
How to Cook Garlic Butter Chicken Wings
- 1/2 kilo chicken wings cut into 2 pcs
- 100 grams butter
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pc onion minced
- 1/2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp cooking oil
- 1/8 cup ketchup
- 1 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1/2 tsp. black peppercorns ground
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup 7-Up or Sprite softdrink
- Spring onions chopped
- fried garlic
How to Cook Garlic Butter Chicken Wings:
- Wash and clean the chicken and drain. Divide the wings in 2 pieces each. Place in a bowl and pour soy sauce. Rub the chicken with the soy sauce until well coated.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the chicken lightly until slightly brown. You don't need to thoroughly fry the chicken, only fry the skin to make it more appetizing.
- In the same pan, heat about 2 Tbsp. of cooking oil and saute garlic and onion. Saute until the onion is soft.
- Add in the butter and stir until melted. Add in the ketchup, oyster sauce, salt and pepper. Stir for a few seconds. Then add in the chicken. stir again for a minutes.
- Pour the 7-Up or Sprite softdrink and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer until the chicken is tender for about 20 to 35 minutes.
- Turn off heat and serve hot. Garnish with fried garlic and spring onions. Enjoy!
Cooking tips for Garlic Butter Chicken Wings
- Marinating for flavor: Take the time to marinate the chicken in soy sauce to enhance its flavor and tenderness. Allow the chicken to absorb the marinade for at least 30 minutes or longer for even better results.
- Lightly frying for texture: While not necessary, lightly frying the chicken wings before cooking adds a delightful crispy texture. This step enhances the visual appeal and adds an extra layer of flavor to the dish.
- Simmering for tender chicken: To achieve tender and juicy chicken wings, let them simmer in the garlic butter sauce for the recommended time. This slow cooking process allows the flavors to meld together while ensuring that the meat becomes tender and infused with the delicious sauce.
- Garnishing for added appeal: Don't forget to garnish your garlic butter chicken wings with fried garlic and spring onions. These additions provide a crunchy texture and add a pop of freshness, elevating the overall presentation and taste of the dish.
- Serve hot and pair wisely: Garlic butter chicken wings are best enjoyed hot. Serve them as a main course with your choice of side dishes, such as mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, or a fresh salad, to create a balanced and satisfying meal.
Nutrition Notes:Calorie and other nutrition information is derived from HappyFolks.Com recipe nutrition calculator. The percent daily value (%DV) is based on a daily 2,000 calorie diet.
Nutrition Information:Amount per Serving:375g, Calories:585kcal, From fat:406, Total fat:45.9g, Saturated Fat:26.1g, Trans Fat:0.9g, Cholesterol: 188mg, Sodium: 857mg, Total Carbohydrate: 22g, Dietary Fiber: 1g, Sugars: 16g, Protein: 23g, Vitamin A: 14%, Vitamin C: 9%, Calcium: 5%, Iron: 6%