Are you a vegetarian? I think this is not the right blog for you. But wait……although this is not the right site, this recipe post is absolutely right for you! Because this dish is meatless and the star ingredient here is tofu or tokwa. That’s right! you only need tofu to cook this dish but you need flavorings, spices and condiments to cook it. The a dish is also very easy to cook. You only need to fry the tofu then pour it with the adobo sauce. You will be surprised how tasty it is! It can be eaten as a viand or as an appetizer. I can also be paired with drinks as a “pulutan”. So try it! I’m sure you are going to love it!
How to Cook Fried Tokwa with Adobo Sauce
- 5 pcs tokwa cut into 2 pcs
For the sauce:
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 pcs siling labuyo
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 2 Tbsp. vinegar
- 1/2 Tbsp. cornstarch + 1 Tbsp. water for cornstarch slurry
- sesame seeds for garnishing
- cooking oil for frying
How to Cook Fried Tokwa with Adobo Sauce:
- Cut the each tokwa into 2 pcs and put in a colander to dry for a few minutes.
- Heat cooking oil in a deep pan and fry the tokwa until golden brown. When cooked, remove from oil and drain in a colander.
- In the same pan, reduce the oil to 2 Tbsp. and saute garlic and siling labuyo for one minute.
- Then add the soy sauce, sugar, black pepper, water, oyster sauce and vinegar. Bring to a boil and do not stir for 3 minutes.
- Then add the cornstarch slurry and stir until the sauce is thick. Turn off heat.
- Arrange the fried tokwa in a platter and pour the adobo sauce on top. garnish with fried garlic or sesame seeds. Serve hot!