This recipe is a modified version of lumpiang shanghai where star ingredient here is pechay. It is combined with ground chicken meat instead of ground pork so I’m sure this is a very healthy alternative to the lumpiang shanghai. The rest of the ingredients are very similar to the lumpiang shanghai so it will be easy for you to cook this dish specially if you have tried making and cooking lumpiang shanghai. And with regard to dipping sauce, my favorite dipping sauce for fried foods is sweet chili sauce but you can use catsup mixed with mayonnaise or any dipping sauce you want.
How To Cook Fried Lumpiang Pechay
- 1/4 kilo ground chicken fillet
- 2 bunches pechay minced
- 1 piece small carrot minced
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 piece onion minces
- 25 pcs lumpia wrappers
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. fine salt
- 1 piece raw egg
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- cooking oil for frying
How to Cook Lumpiang Pechay
- Combine all the filling ingredients in a mixing bowl: pechay, ground chicken, carrot, garlic, onion, black pepper, salt, egg and cornstarch.
- Mix all the ingredients until well combined.
- Lay a piece of lumpia wrapper on a clean flat surface. Put 2 Tbsp. of the pechay filling on top of the lumpia wrapper close to the edge towards you.
- Roll the lumpia wrapper to wrap the filling and fold the sides when you are halfway then continue to roll until the other edge of the wrapper is closed.
- Dab a little amount of cornstarch slurry or water on the edge of the lumpia wrapper to seal it.
- Heat cooking oil in a frying pan and fry the lumpia until golden brown. Serve with sweet chili sauce or any of your favorite dipping sauce.