This is an Ilocano delicacy with a plenty of garlic and spices mixture.
1 kilo ground pork pigue or ham
1/4 cup garlic, crushed
1 Tbsp. onions, chopped
2& 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper, ground
1/3 cup soy sauce
2&1/4 Tbsp. vinegar
2 yds sausage casing
1/2 cup water
2 Tbsp. cooking oil
How to cook vigan longanisa:
- In a bowl, mix thoroughly the first seven ingredients until well blended.
- Stuff the mixture into casing and tie every 2 inches long with a string.
- Hang under direct sunlight for about 4 hours to allow fat and liquid to drip and dry.
- Heat a carajay and pour 1/2 cup water and 1-2 tablespoons cooking oil.
- Put in the longanisa. Cover and cook over low heat until all of the water evaporates. Prick each with a fork.
- When all liquid has evaporated, pan fry until brown.
- Serve hot with fried rice, tomatoes and sliced salted eggs. Serves 8