Squid and Shrimp Balls Seafood Soup
There is great tasting dish you can make from squid balls, shrimp balls or kikiam that you usually see as street food which is fried and poured with sweet sauce. You can also mix this soup with your favorite egg noodles to make a mami soup. As much as possible, use fresh crab meat but a frozen or canned crab meat will do just fine. Also, adding radish to the broth can balance the flavors of the soup after all the ingredients are added. Hot sauce is for those who loves spicy dish but this is optional so you can omit it.
- 4 to 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 medium sized ginger, cut in big slices
- 1 cup or ¼ kilo freshly flaked crab meat
- 250 grams squid balls
- 250 grams shrimp balls or kikiam
- ½ cup leeks or spring onions, chopped
- 250 grams white radish, cut in big slices
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Bring broth to a boil. If chicken broth is not available, you can make an instant broth by using chicken broth cubes. For ratio is 1 broth cube per 1½ cups water. So you need about 3 broth cubes for 4½ cups water. Add other flavorings is you wish.
- Add the ginger then let boil for about a minute. Then add crabmeat and let boil again for another minute.
- Add the squid balls and shrimp balls and let it boil again. At this point you can add the radish.
- When ready to serve, add the spring onions then cover. Remove from heat. Serve hot.