Sizzling Pusit (Sizzling Squid)
This dish is a grilled squid served in sizzling plate. The squid is first marinated in salt, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic and sugar. Then it is grilled until done and served in a hot cast iron sizzling plate. I guarantee this grilled squid is one of the best tasting squid dish you will try. This can be cooked and served in any occasion because of the simplicity of the ingredients and the way it cooked is very simple. And yet you will be surprised how tasty it is once you try it.
- 1 big squid
- 2 slices ginger, julienne (cut into thin strips)
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 Tbsp. vinegar
- How to cook Sizzling Pusit
- Combine salt, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger, garlic and sugar in a bowl.
- Marinate squid in the mixture for half a day.
- Grill to almost done, but not quite, basting regularly with the marinade.
- Slice into rings. Transfer to a heated up sizzling plate.
- Pour a little marinade over the grilled squid. Serve.